Helpful Tips and News

What Is Uv & How Do Screen Enclosures Help

Florida is known as the Sunshine State, and that label rings true about 60% of the year (since the other 40% it rains). Thousands of people flock to Florida beaches and other water getaways to take a refreshing dip and soak up the hot sun. Some might even be lucky enough to sunbathe in their backyard. But there is a danger lurking in those warm, inviting rays and that danger is called UV rays. 

uv florida screen enclosureYou've probably seen the little stickers on the corner of sunglasses promoting that this specific pair can block harmful UV rays.  It's also all over the labels for various sunscreens. UV stands for Ultraviolet, and it's a type of radiation given off by the sun. UV rays are the leading cause of skin cancer since too much of it can create abnormalities in the skin (and sometimes eyes) and cause the body to react. UV can take it's time to be harmful, but in some cases, those rays can get you in a matter of minutes and leave with you an abnormal mole or marking on your skin the following days. The rays aren't visible but can be felt with the intense heat of the sun on a particularly hot day. 

Continue reading What Is Uv & How Do Screen Enclosures Help...

Benefits of Adding a Screen Enclosure.

For many of those in Florida, a front porch or a backyard pool are two of the best hangout spots at home. Benefits of Adding a Screen Enclosure. This is especially true during summertime, where the days are longer, and the sun is hotter! But how can you keep your summer chill spot nice and chill? By adding screen enclosures to all your outdoor living areas! Whether it be a spacious front porch, an in/above ground pool area, or a small, simple patio; a screened in enclosure can make sure you get the most out of being outdoors while still being indoors (kind of). Here we list some of the top benefits to adding a screen enclosure to your home in Florida!

Cut down on harmful UV rays! Adding the screens to your outdoor hangout area will work overtime to make sure you don't have a summer full of sunburns. Along with the help of an SPF sunscreen for your skin, the screen enclosure helps keep those harmful sun rays at bay so you can enjoy your outside time without constant sunscreen application or hiding in the shade.

Continue reading Benefits of Adding a Screen Enclosure....

Caring for outdoor furniture.

Tidying up around the house usually involves some vacuuming, dusting, cleaning on and around all types of furniture throughout your home.  There is sometimes one spot that doesn't always get the attention it needs though, and that's furniture you have outdoors. There are all different kinds of outdoor-specific furniture you can set up outside and not have to worry about too much. But when it comes to taking care of it, what is the best process?

Thankfully, a lot of outdoor furniture is made to weather outside conditions. These are labeled as "all-weather" furniture and isn't limited to just sitting under the shade of a covered patio. Here we will list the top 3 materials of all-weather furniture and give a few tips and tricks to keep anything outdoors look like it just came from indoors. 

Continue reading Caring for outdoor furniture....

5 Reasons to Screen In Patio.

There's nothing more relaxing than being able to sit out on the front porch or patio area and enjoy some fresh air.Reasons to screen in a patio. Along with that, there's nothing more annoying than having that peaceful time interrupted by some unwanted flying pests - or maybe even something bigger! This is one of the main reasons why it's not just a good idea, but an important idea to make sure your patio is screened in. Keep scrolling, and you'll find a list of the top 5 reasons why you should screen in your porch or patio, and you'll be glad you did!

1. Let's start with something already mentioned, no annoying and uninvited pests! Florida is notorious for swarms of mosquitoes and the dreaded lovebugs, but with a screen installed throughout the patio, this means they can't get in! This also means you can spend more time in your screened in outdoor area, not having to pack it all inside when the sun starts to set. Enjoy a drink on the patio without having to worry if there's a bug floating in it.

Continue reading 5 Reasons to Screen In Patio....